An opportunity exist for a COLLECTIONS CLERK(Debtors/ Creditors Controller) at Eden Gardens Private hospital reporting to the Finance Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for the maximum collection of amounts overdue from various funders and patients.
• The primary purpose of this role is to ensure that all debt owed to the hospital by patients is recovered and paid to the hospital timeously and in full.
• Ensure effective management of outstanding and unpaid debt and the collection thereof (Medical Aid claims, WCA claims, RAF claims or any other outstanding debt due to the hospital).
• Obtain the monthly billing statement run and double check and ensure that all accounts that should have been submitted to the scheme have been dully submitted – to ensure that payments get received.
• Ensure that that debtor (patient) receives a statement after discharge and once account has been final billed in respect of their outstanding balance (all patients to receive a statement post-discharge)
• Ensure that patients are accurately identified and traced for collection of debt.
• Follow up and ensure that all medical aid claims are submitted within the regulated time frame (not later re than 4 months).
• Check all rejections and ensure that all rejections are promptly dealt with in the regulated time frame (not later than 4 months) (Use the Rejections Report and/or the Scheme Website).
• Negotiate payment terms and methods with patients where applicable and consult with Management for approval of such payment terms.
• Make sure that accounts do not become stale through constant follow up with the medical schemes.
• Hand over accounts to the hospital’s private debt collector for further collection in line with the hospital’s policy on such accounts.
• Ensure that payment arrangements and estate accounts are handed over to the hospital’s private debt collector for further collection in line with the hospital’s policy on such accounts.
• Accurately record the collection status and relevant collection notes for each account on both the system and also the provided spreadsheet for management reporting purposes.
• Allocate payments on the system based on proof of payment.
• Effectively manage all outstanding debt to prevent bad debt write-offs, medical aid stale claims, and prescription of debt.
Constantly communicate with the debtors by telephone and/ or written correspondence in regarding the status of outstanding debt and provide accurate updates on medical aid payment processes to the debtors.
Closing date: 19th May 2023
Interested candidates who meet the minimum requirements are invited to apply by forwarding a comprehensive CV by close of business on to Email: Recruitment@edengph.co.za: Tel: 0338154600
Eden Gardens Private Hospital is an equal opportunity employer, external candidates will also be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date kindly consider your application as unsuccessful