The Pharmacy Clerk –Buyer is responsible for the ordering of ethical, surgical and consumable stock for the hospital.
- Ordering of Ethical Stock
- Ordering of Surgical Stock
- Ordering of Consumables
- Receipting of Ethical Stock on the Pharmacy stock system (Pro-Clin)
- Receipting of Surgical Stock on the Pharmacy stock system
- Receipting of Consumables on the Pharmacy stock system
- Ensuring correct quantities of stock are ordered accordingly.
- Ensuring stock is ordered from the correct suppliers in order of preference
- Process credit notes with pharmaceutical suppliers
- Orders must be done timeously, and all orders must be followed up on
- Out of stock items to be communicated to pharmacists, nursing staff and doctors in writing
- Participate in the monthly cyclical counts and scheduled stock takes
- Attend to slow moving, or near expiry date stock for return to supplier
- Available for shift work, part of stock rotation team on weekend roster
- Build relationship with pharmaceutical sales representatives
- Build relationships with other teams in the hospital, especially nursing.
- Applicants must have grade 12 /matric certificate
- Applicants need to have worked in a hospital environment and familiar with hospital
- Admin processes.
- Computer literacy is essential
- Experience with any compatible stock management /billing system (SAP billing programme experience will be an added advantage)
- Experience in stock control
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good time management & communication skills.
- Collaboration/ Relationship Building
- Report writing
- Analytical thinking
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Excellence and quality orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Technical and professional knowledge
- Attention to detail
Closing date : 31st May 2023
Interested candidates who meet the minimum requirements are invited to apply by forwarding a comprehensive CV by close of business on to
Email: Recruitment@edengph.co.za : Tel: 0338154600
Eden Gardens Private Hospital is an equal opportunity employer, external candidates will also be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.